Chili is a staple in my residence, and I’m all the time in search of distinctive takes on this family-fave. This delicious candy potato chili casserole delivers a lot taste, and simply the right quantity of sweetness.
In truth, it’s shortly turning into considered one of my favourite chili recipes this winter!
Candy Potato Chili Casserole Recipe
I’ve all the time beloved the concept of incorporating candy potatoes into my chili, however till not too long ago, it’s not one thing that I’ve ever tried till not too long ago. I’m so very glad that I did.
RELATED: Don’t miss my well-known quaint goulash recipe!
I’ve to say that I actually adore the flavour that candy potatoes provides to this candy potato chili casserole. I’ve all the time been a fan of chili a bit on the sweeter aspect, and this dish provides me that sweetness in a nutritious and pure means.
Gotta love candy potatoes!
When you needed to make this candy potato chili casserole a bit lighter, you possibly can simply use floor turkey within the place of floor beef.
I’m an enormous fan of cooking with floor turkey. Simply try my massively widespread floor turkey stuffed peppers to see what I imply!
What makes this candy potato chili casserole extra-special? Properly, it’s that phrase… CASSEROLE!
I like whipping this dish up in a forged iron skillet and masking it with scrumptious cheese. It’s so scrumptious, y’all… I want I may provide you with a chunk. I suppose you’ll simply must make some for your self after which let me know within the feedback the way you appreciated it. ?
I hope you get pleasure from this mouthwatering candy potato chili casserole recipe. After you pin the recipe, you should definitely jump over to Instagram and comply with me. I’d find it irresistible if we may very well be buddies there, too!
Extra Home made Consolation Dishes
- 1 pound floor beef
- 1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 massive yellow onion, diced
- Three cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup crimson bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups candy potatoes (peeled, diced into 1” items)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to style
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place a 12-inch forged iron skillet over medium excessive warmth, add the bottom beef in a fair layer and cook dinner till browned. Drain extra grease, leaving a few tablespoon. Add the onions, garlic, bell pepper, candy potato and spices. Prepare dinner stirring often, till the greens soften, about 3-5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, black beans and beef broth and produce to a simmer.
- Place forged iron skillet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or till the candy potatoes are good and tender. Add shredded cheese and broil till cheese is melted and effervescent, about 2-Three minutes. Salt and pepper to style; serve instantly and revel in!