Simply after I thought Ultimate Fantasy XIV‘s director and producer Naoki Yoshida couldn’t get any cooler, he goes and pours himself a glass of wine and begins internet hosting a cooking present on Twitch. Sure, Yoshi-P went full suburban mother this week, and he’s clearly residing his greatest life. If you need in on this unimaginable life-style, he’s even shared his espresso cookie recipe with the world.
These are primarily based on FFXIV’s espresso biscuits, however the stream title has a cookie pun (and possibly a reference to the oft-forgotten NES puzzler Yoshi’s Cookie?) so I’m going with the Americanism right here. The stream itself is totally in Japanese, however the FFXIV Discord has gone and translated the entire thing, so you may make your personal model of Yoshida’s cookies.
Whereas I perceive about as a lot Japanese as any informal anime viewer, the stream continues to be pleasant, particularly with its occasional breaks into an in-game kitchen to actually promote the entire cooking present vibe.
Try the recipe for your self under, courtesy of each Yoshi-P and Miuna on the FFXIV Discord. (I did the NA measurement conversions, so sure, there was some work for me concerned.)
FFXIV espresso cookie recipe elements:
- 300g (one and three quarters cups, and two tbsp) of cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 130g (half cup and two tbsp) granulated sugar
- 100g (quarter cup and three tbsp) unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- Three tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2g (one tsp) instantaneous espresso powder
- Chocolate chips or anything you want as toppings
FFXIV espresso cookie recipe instructions:
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180C (355F), take eggs and butter out of the fridge and allow them to get again to room temperature
- 2. Whisk butter till it turns white-ish and a bit of foamy, add the sugar, yolks and the milk little by little whereas whisking
- 3. Sift the flour, espresso powder and baking powder earlier than including it to the combination and gently mixing it with a spatula
- 4. Place parchment paper in your baking tray. Take round 30g of dough for every cookie, roll it to type little balls earlier than evenly flattening them out to round 1cm in thickness.
- 5. Add your chocolate chips (or different toppings of selection)
- 6. Put in preheated oven, bake for 13 minutes at 180C (355F)
Now that you’ve a plate of cookies at your aspect, for extra MMORPGs (or cooking video games?) you understand the place to click on.