One in every of our best privileges and joys at Roblox is taking part in our beloved Hack Week custom—a dynamic exploration of latest concepts that develop the breadth of potentialities for our platform. Yearly, for one full week, Roblox workers get a possibility to take a break from their day-to-day work and pursue out-of-the-box concepts they’re enthusiastic about. A few of these concepts have even led to technological breakthroughs, like our “Future Is Shiny” lighting system. What’s extra, Hack Week is a main instance of how we stay our core values:
- Respect the Neighborhood: Our groups are composed of sensible, gifted, artistic, hard-working people who’re devoted to bettering our platform for thousands and thousands of individuals all around the world. As Roblox continues to quickly evolve, there’s by no means sufficient time within the day to pursue all of the tasks we’re enthusiastic about. That’s why Hack Week exists: to present our workers the time, help, and sources to experiment with concepts which might be really revolutionary and distinctive for the betterment of our platform and neighborhood.
- Take the Lengthy View: Hack Week is about envisioning the way forward for Roblox and making it occur—all throughout the span of 5 days. Our groups are empowered to look past their present scope of labor and make choices with our long-term targets in thoughts.
- Get Stuff Carried out: Creating a completely functioning prototype of a visionary new concept in only one week is not any simple feat, but our groups are at all times up for the problem. Hack Week requires a bias towards motion and the resolve to take calculated dangers fairly than cautious steps.
- Self-Set up: Hack Week encourages workers of various talent units to collaborate in new methods and resolve for themselves what concepts they’re most eager about pursuing.
- Personal It: Our groups take our platform into their very own fingers to defy limitations and finally form the way forward for Roblox.
Armed with full artistic freedom and the help of their friends, our engineering groups problem themselves to take dangers, create boldly, and produce us one step nearer to our imaginative and prescient of the Metaverse. Whereas this 12 months’s occasion had its share of novel challenges for our absolutely distant groups, their spirit of ingenuity and inventiveness was as sturdy as ever.
Our eighth annual Hack Week resulted in 86 new tasks. Some groups selected to develop new techniques for the Roblox engine. Some groups discovered new methods to enhance an current function or make our builders’ lives simpler with upgrades and efficiency tweaks to Roblox Studio. As our groups work throughout an unlimited panorama of intersecting expertise, these tasks additionally cross a broad spectrum of disciplines. Try the spotlight reel of among the standouts—proof that nice issues may be achieved and brought all the way in which from idea to creation inside a single week.
It’s nice to see how our groups proceed to stretch the boundaries of what Roblox can turn out to be. If you happen to see one thing you want, tell us on social media utilizing #RobloxHackWeek!
All for becoming a member of us for our subsequent Hack Week? We’re at all times searching for new expertise, so come examine us out at corp.roblox.com/careers/ and see if there’s a task that’s best for you.