This hen pozole verde recipe (inexperienced posole) gradual cooker soup is extremely flavorful. It’s some of the comforting soups I make and because it’s a crockpot soup, it’s tremendous simple to throw collectively.
One of many oldest conventional Mexican soups or stews. The important thing ingredient is hominy.
Inexperienced pozole has a sauce made out of inexperienced elements reminiscent of tomatillos, cilantro and jalapenos. Crimson pozole has a crimson sauce made out of chiles reminiscent of guajillo, ancho or piquin.
Elements for Inexperienced Chile Posole
Scroll all the way down to printable recipe card for actual quantities and instructions.
- salsa verde
- hen broth
- frozen corn
- inexperienced chiles
- boneless, skinless hen breasts
- white pepper
- garnish with recent cilantro and tortilla strips
Substitutions or Additions
- A diced jalapeno or two will add a pleasant kick of spice to the soup. I often add no less than one.
- When you don’t have white pepper (barely milder than black pepper), you’ll be able to completely use black pepper, to style.
- Garnish with shredded cabbage, radishes, avocado or lime.
- Add crumbled cotija or oaxaca cheese on high.
Hen Pozole Verde Recipe Directions
STEP 1: Place all elements besides hominy and cilantro within the gradual cooker. Prepare dinner on low warmth for 6-Eight hours till hen is tender and cooked by way of.
STEP 2: Fastidiously take away the hen out of the gradual cooker and shred with two forks.
STEP 3: Return to gradual cooker. Stir in hominy and proceed cooking on low for 30 minutes.
STEP 4: Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with tortilla chips and chopped cilantro.
Different soup recipes you must attempt:
Hen Pozole Verde
This hen pozole verde recipe gradual cooker soup is extremely flavorful, simple to throw collectively and completely comforting on a cold or wet day.
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
- 2 15 ouncescans white hominy, drained
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa verde
- 4 cups hen broth
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen corn
- half cup inexperienced chilies, diced or Three jalapenos, diced
- 3 boneless, skinless hen breasts
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt, to style
- white pepper, to style
- cilantro, for garnish
- tortilla strips or tortilla chips, for garnish
Place all elements besides hominy and garnishes into the gradual cooker. Prepare dinner on low for six to eight hours, till the hen is tender and cooked by way of.
Take hen out of gradual cooker and shred with two forks. Return to the gradual cooker together with the hominy and prepare dinner for one more 30 minutes. Ladle into bowl, add cheese, crush tortilla chips.
Vitamin info don’t embody garnishes.
All data offered on this website is meant for informational functions solely and diet might differ in accordance with actual merchandise and the web diet calculator getting used. I’m not a licensed nutritionist and any dietary data shared on EatMoveMake.com ought to solely be used as a basic guideline.
Energy: 59kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 10gFats: 1gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 27mgSodium: 512mgPotassium: 259mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 26IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg