Our yummy Mexican tater tot casserole is a straightforward and hearty meal that your entire household will love!
This scrumptious taco-inspired tater tot casserole recipe is chock-full of black beans, corn, floor beef and a complete lot of taste. Oh, did I point out it’s additionally loaded with cheese? Yep. We undoubtedly have the cheese part coated!
Mexican Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
There’s simply one thing about including tater tots to a dish that makes it particularly enjoyable for the children. I can bear in mind the primary time I informed the children that I’d be making tater tot casserole for dinner. Their eyes lit up with pleasure.
The youngsters additionally love this Jiffy Corn Casserole.
My little ones love consuming these golden tater tots coated in gooey cheese, and I really like understanding that they’re getting a heat, filling meal. Casserole recipes are at all times a sensible choice with regards to feeding my crew.
Even higher than that my Mexican tater tot casserole recipe is tremendous fast to make. It’s actually excellent for these over-scheduled weeknights or weekends while you don’t need to spend a complete lot of additional time within the kitchen.
I used floor beef in my casserole, however floor pork would even be scrumptious. I take advantage of floor pork usually, actually, my floor pork tacos are wonderful when you’re interested by giving this protein a whirl!
It looks like simple casserole recipes like this one have form of slipped out of style, however I’m nonetheless a fan of meals which you could throw collectively rapidly and fulfill the entire household.
RELATED: Talking of all issues CHEESY, don’t miss my wonderful tacky crock pot potato soup!
Let’s face it, any meal that you just make at dwelling beats quick meals and you’ll even get the children concerned within the kitchen that will help you put this taco-flavored tater tot casserole collectively.
In truth, my daughter was on tater-tot obligation the final time we made this casserole. I let her add the tater tots to the highest of the casserole and she or he additionally helped me sprinkle the cheese over the dish towards the top.
The one factor that makes a plate of my Mexican tater tot casserole even higher is a giant dollop of bitter cream on high and a few contemporary cilantro.
Oh my goodness, SO GOOD!
Are you a fan of simple household dinner recipes made with floor beef? If that’s the case, don’t miss my well-known quaint goulash! 🙂
Seize the recipe under and luxuriate in!
Extra Mexican Impressed Recipes
- 1 lb. 85/15 floor beef
- 1 onion, diced ( about ¼ cup)
- 1 packet taco seasoning combine (1 oz.)
- 1 can inexperienced chiles (four oz.)
- 1 can black beans ( 15.5 oz.) rinsed and drained
- 1 bag frozen corn (14.four oz.)
- 1 can pink enchilada sauce (10 oz.)
- three cups shredded cheddar & Monterey jack cheese (off the block), divided
- four cups frozen tater tots
- Cilantro, elective garnish
- Bitter cream, elective
- Preheat oven to 375 levels. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish (I used this one) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the bottom beef and the onion to a 12-inch skillet, brown meat till totally cooked. Drain off extra fats and return to skillet. Add the seasoning packet, inexperienced chiles, black beans, frozen corn and the enchilada sauce to the meat and onion, stir till mixed. Over medium warmth cook dinner one other Eight to 10 minutes. Add 2 cups of shredded cheese to the meat combination and stir till blended. Pour into the baking dish and unfold evenly. Place the tater tots evenly over high. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Take away from oven, add the remaining cup of cheese excessive. Bake one other 5 minutes or till cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and high with bitter cream!
Serving Dimension: 1 bowl
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 407Complete Fats: 25gSaturated Fats: 11gTrans Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 11gLdl cholesterol: 64mgSodium: 932mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g