The launch of Folks Can Fly’s loot-shooter Outriders was slightly like the sport itself: Not a whole goat rodeo by any means, however not as easy because it may (and may) have been, both. Now that it has been out for a weekcouple days, writer Sq. Enix has unveiled plans for the sport’s close to future, together with the primary huge patch, a repair for the stock wipe bug, and a “group appreciation package deal” to thank gamers for his or her persistence throughout server outages.
All gamers who logged in between March 31 and April 11 will probably be given the thank-you bundle, which can embody a level-appropriate Legendary weapon, some Titanium, and the “Frustration” emote, which isn’t truly obtainable by means of different means proper now. (“The irony right here was not intentional however is becoming,” Sq. Enix stated.) Particulars, together with when and precisely how the package deal will probably be distributed, are nonetheless being nailed down.
The larger deal is a repair for the bug that, as we famous earlier this week, has been wiping out participant inventories. It does not sound just like the matter is 100 p.c resolved, as Sq. Enix stated the incidence of the bug “needs to be significantly decreased” by the upcoming patch, however the excellent news is that after the repair is in place, there may even be a “mass restoration” occasion that ought to carry again most of what was misplaced.
“Notice that restoration won’t be potential for gadgets that have been acquired however the place the sport connection was terminated earlier than an autosave may full as these gadgets would by no means have made it into your server stock/our logs. Such suspended autosaving is noticeable when the yellow autosave icon stays energetic for an extended time frame,” Sq. Enix cautioned. “For any particular person restorations that have been missed, or that happen in future, we plan to equip our groups to assist on an advert hoc foundation.”
Builders are additionally engaged on multiplayer connection and stability points, and are making some steadiness modifications that may dial again loot drops and nerf the Trickster and Technomancer lessons, which at the moment profit somewhat an excessive amount of from their bullet talents. Sq. Enix stated the perfect builds ought to have an “overpowered really feel,” however desires to make sure “construct variety within the prime performing builds.”
“It is unsure as as to if these modifications will show too sturdy or too weak, so please do take into account this to be solely step one, as we are going to proceed monitoring and adjusting them sooner or later,” it stated. “Similar to you, we hope to see extra inspiring and loopy combos of talents and mods!”
And, fortunately, a repair for a bug that was stopping GPUs from being totally utilized, ensuing within the DX11/12 efficiency points we reported final week, can also be within the works.
The patch is scheduled to reach subsequent week, as Folks Can Fly is utilizing the primary week of launch to search out and repair essentially the most critical and urgent bugs. A launch date hasn’t been set, however Sq. Enix stated it hopes to have it out sooner slightly than later. The patch notes as they stand to this point are under, and when you watch for it to reach you’ll be able to learn to make Outriders a smoother trip with these small tweaks:
PC & Console Platforms:
- As soon as platforms have been up to date to the identical patch model, cross-play throughout platforms will develop into viable once more
- General stability enhancements for the matchmaking service
- Crash Fixes
- Will repair a multiplayer crash that might lead to consumer gamers having their stock wiped
- Will repair the crash when finishing the “A Dangerous Day” facet quest.
- Will repair the crash that happens in No Man’s Land when your language is about to Spanish (Sure, we all know. Online game code is a magical factor).
- Will repair crash on launch points
- Will embody many extra “random” crash fixes
- We’re assured that these fixes will deal with nearly all of crashes reported, as there are solely a handful of root causes however the crashes they generate seem in quite a few locations.
- Will repair the HUD disappearing in sure instances
- Will repair bugs that intervene with gamers re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will repair bugs with gamers getting caught on geometry (together with when utilizing Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”.
- You’ll nonetheless have the ability to manually change this setting to “Open” by means of your recreation settings
- This variation will stop gamers from becoming a member of video games the place the host did not intend to play in multiplayer. It can additionally reduce down on AFK lobbies
- This may even assist enhance matchmaking instances, because the queues will probably be much less more likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of fixed matchmaking requests generated by “open” video games.
- Many different minor fixes and enhancements
- Will repair a efficiency subject the place GPU isn’t being totally utilized. This could assist with stuttering and DX11/12 points