Seize your PS VR and Transfer controllers! A real, trailblazing made-for-VR motion journey is coming this summer time! Fracked seamlessly combines quick paced, 1:1 run and canopy gunplay with exhilarating free operating, snowboarding and climbing that has by no means been seen earlier than on VR.
You possibly can try the teaser trailer right here:
I like gaming and I like VR – it has a lot potential particularly for us players. Since I began working in VR a few years in the past I’ve longed for a correct motion journey that features the gameplay depth and freedom of conventional video games with the immersion and management you solely get in VR. I don’t simply need to play video games and watch films on a TV once I can actually be the hero in my very personal VR motion film. I’m additionally annoyed by the constraints of on-rails and stationary experiences – we’ve moved past this. So, with Fracked we got down to create a VR sport from the bottom up that does all this, seamlessly combining fight and free traversal gameplay in a single expertise, similar to transitioning between on-foot and driving when getting out and in of vehicles in an motion sport.
In Fracked, we’ve forged the participant as a hero thrown into the struggle. Caught deep inside a mountain fracking facility the area has been taken over by a military of gun-wielding, interdimensional maniacs often known as (you guessed it) the Fracked! Because the final hope for the world, it’s essential to take them down earlier than it’s all too late… We’re not going for subtlety right here – it’s daring, brash and uncompromising in its imaginative and prescient.
And so is the gameplay – it’s quick, exhilarating, and accessible. Snowboarding, operating, climbing, base leaping and ziplining are all attainable and all occur seamlessly and fluidly. No on-rails gameplay and cinematic cutscenes right here, all the pieces is 1:1 and pushed by the participant’s controls, actions, and actions. Fight is unconstrained too, combining free motion for outflanking foes with 1:1 grabbable cowl and tactile weapon reloading. What we’ve proven to this point is simply scratching the floor – we will’t wait to indicate the breadth and number of the sport within the coming months.
Listed below are just a few different nuggets in regards to the sport I’d prefer to share:
- That is unashamedly a real VR sport solely attainable with PS Transfer controllers! Climbing, ziplining, reloading and in-world interactions are all pushed 1:1 by the participant’s arms. We couldn’t do that utilizing a conventional gamepad.
- Snowboarding requires you to bodily lean to steer and management. As with the remainder of the sport it’s built-in with the fight – we’ll be exhibiting this within the weeks forward.
- Now we have nicknamed the fight “run and canopy” gunplay as a result of it mashes run and gun motion with an revolutionary 1:1 grabbable cowl system to create an all-new VR-only fight model. Not solely does it play in a different way to what you’ve skilled earlier than, it feels totally different too.
- To maximise VR’s 360˚ potential and our free motion imaginative and prescient we’ve designed enviornment model fight encounters that double down on verticality.
- While we’ve aimed for a brand new, fashionable tackle traditional motion cinema – assume a 2021 model of Die Onerous or Cliffhanger – beneath the floor there’s a Robocop-style cutting-edge satire about company greed and the local weather change emergency. If Paul Verhoeven made a VR sport (which might be AMAZING), we don’t assume it will be 1,000,000 miles away from Fracked!
- The sport is getting PS5 enhancements! These taking part in on PS5 can anticipate improved framerates, loading instances and backbone. For these taking part in on PS4 and PS4 Professional, by no means worry, it appears unbelievable and performs the identical.
- We are able to guarantee you that it’s a full coincidence that the title sounds rather a lot like a well-liked/unpopular profanity.
We are able to’t wait for everybody to get their arms on it. Fracked will probably be launching this summer time solely on PS VR. Within the meantime, we’d love to listen to what you assume! Tell us within the feedback beneath.