Oddworld: Soulstorm is now obtainable as an Epic Video games Retailer unique. This reimagining of Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus, initially launched in 1998, has loads of challenges as you undergo its marketing campaign. Considered one of these occurs to be the rescue and survival of virtually 1,400 Mudokons throughout a number of ranges. Certainly, saving Abe’s followers can decide the ending cinematics you’ll see. Anyway, right here’s our information that can assist you unlock all of the endings and remaining ranges in Oddworld: Soulstorm.
Notice: Keep tuned for our full walkthrough for Oddworld: Soulstorm, in addition to our guides and options hub.
Oddworld: Soulstorm – Getting all of the endings and unlocking the ultimate ranges
Oddworld: Soulstorm has 15 ranges (or levels) by default. Owing to intricate mechanics, puzzles, and enemies, some levels would possibly take you 30 to 40 minutes to beat in your first attempt. When you’re doing this, you may additionally encounter a number of Mudokons that should be rescued by Abe.
In some levels, you’ll comply with a scripted sequence the place lots of of Mudokons are trying to flee. All you might want to do is deal with the hostiles to make sure that lots of them survive.
In different ranges, although, Abe could have an opportunity to work together with them and have them as followers. You can provide them objects, inform them to attend in an space (to ambush or assault mobs), or get them to comply with you round as you’re simply traversing the identical space.
With that in thoughts, you’ll must look out for Fowl Portals (objects which have a vibrant pink glow). When Abe chants to solid a golden orb, the Fowl Portal will open to permit all close by Mudokons to flee to security.
Ending necessities and Quarma
As for the endings themselves, your Quarma (“karma”) rating is taken into account. Quarma represents what number of Mudokons you had been capable of save in a stage, so attempt to attain at the very least 80% for rating.
Listed below are the necessities:
- Worst ending – Save 80% of the Mudokons in six or fewer ranges.
- Dangerous ending – Save 80% of the Mudokons in seven to 11 ranges.
- Good ending – Save 80% of the Mudokons in 12 or extra ranges. This may also unlock the ultimate ranges (16 and 17).
- Last ending – Save 80% of the Mudokons in all 17 ranges.
It’s value mentioning that each one ranges depend in direction of these necessities. As such, the primary stage (which additionally acts because the tutorial) already has you getting a 100% Quarma rating and the second stage is pretty simple too. The remaining levels, nonetheless, would require extra work. Simply bear in mind the purpose to achieve 80%. As an illustration, if a stage has 32 Mudokons, then you might want to save at the very least 26. If a stage solely has one, then it’s a must to save that lone fella.
What if I missed out on some Mudokons?
If you happen to failed to avoid wasting loads of Mudokons in among the levels in Oddworld: Soulstorm, then you may try the sport’s stage choose characteristic. It permits you to replay any stage you’ve reached within the marketing campaign. Checkpoints nonetheless exist right here, so Abe can respawn at any time when he dies. The draw back, although, is that your progress isn’t saved for those who exit the stage or the sport.
Right here’s an instance:
- You’ve reached stage 10, however you missed out on the 80% requirement in a few ranges.
- If you happen to replay, say, stage 8, you’ll should beat that in a single sitting (making certain that you just’ve saved a majority of the Mudokons therein). If you happen to give up that stage or the sport, you’ll proceed from stage 10 since that’s, technically, the farthest level you’ve reached within the marketing campaign.
- Since there are some ranges that’d take some time to complete, ensure you’ve acquired sufficient time for those who’re doing a replay.